Tourism Ministry extends bidding date
Posted on: 6/2/2021, 12:12:55 PM
The Maldives has extended the deadline for bidding on 16 islands for tourism development. The prior deadline had been set on June 10th, 2021. Smaller isles near the principal island, as well as sandbanks, are among the islands up for bid.
THESE ARE THE ISLANDS UP FOR BIDDING:
- HA. Velifinolhu
- HA. Alidhuhfaru Finolhu
- HDh. Kudafaru Fasgandu
- M. Seedhee Huraa and M. Seedhee Huraa Veligandu
- M. Maausfushi
- Th. Kaaddoo
- 10 hectares North of Th. Kanimeedhoo
- Th. Olhufushi and Olhufushi sandbank
- L. Kashidhoo
- L. Bodumunyafushi
- L. Dhonberaha and Holhurahaa
- GA. Maarehaa
- GA. Funadhooviligillaa
- GDh. Kandahalagalaa
- GDh. Kadevaarehaa and Dhigurehaa
- GDh. Fereythagillaa (inclusive of a number of other islands)/Dhekaanbaa/Koderataa and a small 2.9-hectare island neighboring Fereythagillaa.
Bidding for the islands is open to both domestic and international enterprises. The MVR 608.4 million revenue as purchase cost from islands for tourist development is listed in the State Budget for 2021.